out of the box



Tonight I went to controlled chaos a.k.a the 'out of the box' exhibition opening at Seed Gallery.
Wine glass in hand, a throng of people & 300 works for $60 each, the push to get 'the best' work was fierce. I however, said with smile on face, managed to nab myself a work by Stafford Allpress - a 'wee room' featuring a spilled cup of coffee.
There were a few other works I could very easily have purchased but I was very self constrained & thought I had better leave something for those waiting to get in :)


"To celebrate the holiday season, Seed Gallery has invited 30 different artists, working across various disciplines & media to work with a set template: a 60mm cylindrical wooden box. The resulting exhibition will showcase 300 artworks reflecting each artists exploration of the limitations & possibilities of this form. The exhibition offers a unique opportunity to acquire works by some of our most promising artists for only $60 a piece"

The exhibition runs until the 14th December.

No comments: