never to old for barbie





I guess there comes a point in time when you have to pack away your barbies, & grow up. If its been a bit of a struggle for you, why not invest in one of these dismembered jewellery pieces by Margaux Lange?

I love them.

Barbie dolls were extremely significant in fueling my creative life as a child. They were controlled & manipulated to fit infinite situations of my choosing. I immersed myself in on-going narratives (complete with elaborate hand-made dwellings) where all my fears, embarrassments, joys & explorations of human interactions could be played out like characters on a stage. An invaluable tool for the expansion of my imagination as a child, ironically, Barbie continues to be such for me as an adult...

...I enjoy the funny juxtaposition of wearing the body, on the body. Barbie has become the accessory instead of being accessorized. I take pleasure in the contrast and contradiction of something mass-produced being transformed into a handmade, wearable piece of art.

1 comment:

Kitty Stampede said...

OMG...these rock. I want a ring.