rings & other pretty things




I am completely in love with these rings by Australian jeweller Georgia Gabrielle

Check out her website to see the entire collection. Her brooches & ornaments are amazing - playful & beautiful, while being botanically/biologically correct . 


I make jewellery about the rare, the exotic, the beautiful and the disappearing. Fundamentally my jewellery aspires to accentuate the uniqueness and beauty of the wearer.


My subjects of curiosity and craftsmanship are often plants, birds and animals, inspired by childhood memories and travels to exotic, far away places. My jewellery aims to preserve these memories and pay homage to the exquisiteness of the natural environment. I try to illuminate the delicacy of nature by observing and crafting even the tiniest anatomical details, hence my art making has developed into an elaborate repertoire of mark making. I use jewellery making techniques such as hand engraving, punching, cold forming and hammering to actualise my memories. As a result, my work is often complex and detailed on a minute scale, just like nature itself.


My jewellery also aims to evoke discussion about the perfection of species and organic forms as they exist naturally, and the need for conservation of natural habitats across the globe, in particular Australia. On a deeper level, I hope that my jewellery conveys that the wearer is a thoughtful and concerned individual.

4 comments:

Kitty Stampede said...

I WANT that birdie ring, how adorable can something BE?? Great find!

Awesome Sara said...

omg that is so cute!!!! i want to wear it on my middle finger and give people the birdy when i flick them off@

drollgirl said...

THE BIRD RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have never seen anything like it! wow wow WOW!!!

Bee said...

Uhhh! Yes I totally agree with everyone. Super cute birdie ring!