marina luz



These paintings by artist Marina Luz are amongst my list of favourites. They were featured on design sponge in november 07, & have been pinned to my ideas board ever since. I LOVE them! The paintings are lovely - the use of colour, composition & subject matter - they speak volumes. Words seems to leap & bound from the paintings - we subconsciously use our hands to help us express & emphasize words & stories. The intertwining threads & stitched together hands seem to convey the way a good conversation or story can follow so many paths, jumping from subject to subject - from fun & humorous, to good & bad etc etc. Everytime I look at these paintings my mind twists & turns drawing out ideas for a series of paintings of my own - which I really must get round to putting on paper! 

No comments: